Giving in celebration is a great way to mark a special occasion while also helping Terrence Higgins Trust in our fight against HIV.
People give in celebration for all kinds of reasons; a wedding, civil partnership, birthday or anything else that you want to celebrate! When you’re next having a celebration why not ask your friends and family to give a gift to Terrence Higgins Trust instead of (or as well as) buying you a present? Or, if you’re attending a celebration event, why not donate to us instead of giving a traditional gift?
By donating to us in celebration you will be helping to provide essential services for people living with HIV and at risk of poor sexual health. These services really can save lives, services such as:
- Counselling – we provide free counselling for people living with HIV as well as their partners and families.
- THT Direct – our helpline staffed by trained volunteers is there to provide emotional support for anyone living with HIV or concerned about their sexual health.
- HIV testing – our Fastest centres allow people to receive results in under one hour and receive counselling and support before and after the test.
- Hardship Fund – The Hardship Fund provides financial support for those who find themselves in poverty because of their HIV status.
- Health Training – helping people living with HIV to practically cope with their diagnosis and have a better understanding of their illness.
You can even create a special named Celebration Fund, ideal if you want your friends and family to donate for your celebration. You’ll get your own personalised web page where you can put up photos and your guests can make donations or leave a message.
If you would like to donate in celebration, would like to set up a named Celebration Fund or would like any further information, please get in touch with Charlotte Byrne on 020 7812 1664 or email Charlotte.Byrne@tht.org.uk.
The John Partridge & Jon Tsouras Red Ribbon Celebration Fund
When the actor, John Partridge phoned to say that he would like his guests to give to Terrence Higgins Trust to celebrate his civil partnership to Jon Tsouras, we were absolutely over the moon!
We set up a Red Ribbon Celebration Fund for John and Jon, complete with an online page, and the donations and messages started arriving.
We were absolutely overwhelmed by everyone’s generosity and we are incredibly grateful to John and Jon for letting us be part of their special day.
John said: 'This is a really small gesture that will have a huge impact – it is that simple. Plus, who wants a bottom drawer full of Aunty Betty’s needle point?'
If you think a Red Ribbon Celebration Fund is for you, or you would like more information, please contact:
020 7812 1664