Terrence Higgins Trust uses cookies to improve your experience of our websites. For more information or to change the use of cookies, please click here.

Accept and Close


social housing

Social housing allocation

Learn how to obtain housing through a local authority allocation scheme.



If you are homeless or about to go homeless, your local authority may have a duty to rehouse you.


Tenant rights

If you’re a tenant, your landlord is obliged by law to provide you a certain standard of living.

your healthcare

Housing Benefit

If you’re having trouble paying your rent, you could be entitled to Housing Benefit.

community care

Community care

If you're finding it hard to cope, community care services may be available.