Our policy and campaigns team works with Government, civil servants and other key decision makers across Scotland, England and Wales to ensure that the voices of people living with HIV or at risk of poor sexual health are heard.
Our work with the UK Parliament includes:
- Supporting individual constituents to lobby their Member of Parliament (MP) or Assembly Member (AM).
- Meeting with MPs and Peers on matters of concern to them or us.
- Working with the All-Party Parliamentary Group on HIV and AIDS and other relevant all-party groups.
- Giving evidence to select committees and other enquiries.
- Asking MPs to support our campaigns by lobbying ministers or asking Parliamentary Questions.
- Producing publications to inform politicians of the concerns and needs of people with HIV or poor sexual health.
12 Things the Government Can Do
Terrence Higgins Trust's main lobbying agenda is contained in our publication 12 Things the Government Can Do.
These are 12 goals for change in legislation or guidance that we believe would make a great impact on the lives of people with HIV or those at risk of poor sexual health.