Who can become a member?
Membership of Terrence Higgins Trust is free and open to everyone. If you have an interest in HIV and sexual health issues this is an opportunity to learn more. If you wish you can also help make a difference to the UK’s response to HIV and sexual health.
What are the benefits of becoming a member?
- You will be kept up to date with the latest HIV and sexual health news.
- You will get regular e-newsletter updates, keeping you informed about sexual health issues, our work, our campaigns and fundraising activities.
- There are plenty of opportunities to get involved, should you want to, that are exclusively for members.
Membership is online so it’s easy, quick and convenient to stay informed.
- If you wish to do more, there are plenty of chances to get involved.
We will invite you to:
- Tell us what you think on key issues
To ensure that the charity keeps up to date with the changing needs of people who are infected and affected by HIV and sexual ill-health in the UK, we need to hear the opinions of a broad cross-section of people.
From time to time we'll ask you to give us your opinion on issues of concern to the charity and our plans for the future. You are also welcome to share your ideas and opinions with us at anytime.
- Take part and add your voice to local and national campaigns and fundraising activities
We’ll send you invitations to take part in a range of campaigns and fundraising activities for the charity. All actions are optional, so you choose how much you want to be involved.
- Take part in Trustee elections
The majority of our Trustees are elected by our members. This is an annual process and we will send you papers so you can vote at the appropriate times.
- Attend the Annual General Meeting
As a charity, we are accountable to our members. Through the membership newsletter, we will keep you up to date with new developments at the charity. As a member, you can attend the Annual General Meeting (AGM) and speak directly with the Board about our work. We will send you papers in advance to let you know when the AGM is being held.
You can stand for election as a Board Member of Terrence Higgins Trust.
Sign me up!
Membership provides an opportunity for supporters of Terrence Higgins Trust to share information and help make a difference to the UK’s response to HIV and sexual health.
We ask all of our members to agree to the following terms and conditions. We reserve the right to refuse membership requests or remove you from membership if you fail to comply with these terms.
We may change these terms and conditions from time to time and will notify all members when we do so.
Terms and conditions
- Signing up for membership indicates that I agree with the aims, objectives and values of Terrence Higgins Trust.
- Please only register once. Anyone signing up for or found to have multiple membership accounts will have them cancelled.
- We want to hear your views on what Terrence Higgins Trust is doing and welcome constructive criticism. However, we reserve the right to refuse or remove membership from anyone whose correspondence or actions are abusive, libellous or intended to undermine or disrupt.
- We will not share your details with any external organisation without your consent.
- If you would like to fundraise for us, we would welcome this but we ask you to please contact our fundraising team in advance of any activity.
- As part of your membership, you will obtain access to a range of our publications. Please seek permission before using any materials provided for commercial purposes. Unless otherwise stated, permission is not required for personal use or sharing with friends.
- Please share our information with appropriate audiences. Terrence Higgins Trust deals with matters relating to sex and relationships and as such some of our materials will be of an adult nature. Please do not communicate material to those who may not want them.
- We do not accept membership from anyone impersonating other members or public figures.
I agree, sign me up!
Please end my membership