We have several types of groups available.
Are you losing control 1
This group is for people questioning their use of drugs, alcohol, sex, Chemsex, or any other compulsive behaviour. Service users are facilitated in making informed choices. Some may want help to examine their relationship with drugs, alcohol and sex whilst others may want to attend our groups alongside 12 Step programs such as NA, AA, CMA or SAA / SLA, and are trying to maintain abstinence. The group format includes:
- Motivating change
- Understanding triggers & cravings
- Identifying risk taking behaviours
- Mental health issues
- Relapse prevention strategies
- Emotional regulation
Are you losing control 2
This group is for people who have already attended Are you losing control 1 or have undergone a significant process of recovery through 12 Step groups or personal therapy, and are ready to start to work on deeper level issues. This is an abstinence based recovery group where members will be asked to commit to abstinence for the duration of the group. The group format includes:
- Defining problematic behaviours, and committing to abstinence for the duration of the group (eight weeks).
- Emotional regulation (under regulation / over regulation).
- Understand healthy relationship boundaries, and issues around co-dependence.
- Unconscious resistance to change.
- Attachment perspectives on behaviour control.
- Self-soothing to help with anxiety.
- Mindfulness meditation.
You need to pay at least one week in advance of your session. We offer a means-assessed service with a sliding scale depending upon your income.
Are you losing control? groups 1 and 2
Are you losing control? groups have to be paid in advance and the cost for the 8 week course is determined by your income. Each session runs for 2.5 hours.
If your income is over £25,000, the course costs £160.
If your income is under £25,000, the course costs £120.
If you're not currently working, the course costs £40. Low cost places are limited to two per group.