501 St Albans Road
Our staff are currently working away from the office owing to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, all our services are available through phone, email and Zoom. The office phone is open 10am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
We provide support for those living with HIV in Hertfordshire, along with HIV prevention and sexual health advice and information. We also deliver HIV Awareness & Confidence Training for those living and working in Hertfordshire.
Please contact the office on 01920 484 784.
Support for people living with HIV
We offer the following support services:
- Advice on telling people about your HIV status.
- Information for newly diagnosed people.
- Access to a hardship fund.
- Support getting back to work.
- Finance and benefits advice.
Peer mentoring is an opportunity to share experiences with someone else living with HIV, receive emotional and practical support, and build confidence and skills to live well with HIV.
You may wish to explore:
- Coping accepting/living with your HIV diagnosis.
- Living well with HIV.
- Adhering to your medication.
- Managing emotions and stresses.
- Telling someone that you're HIV positive.
You’ll receive six one-hour sessions with our Peer Ambassadors, which can be accessed over the phone or Zoom.
Email [email protected] or call 01920 484 784 for more information.
Sexual health information and advice
We supply a range of sexual health information and advice, including:
- PrEP: HIV prevention medication taken by someone who is HIV negative. We can cover how and where to access, dosing options and additional tests you might need to take.
- PEP: HIV prevention medication taken within 72 hours after someone has been exposed to HIV. We can cover how and where to access it.
- U=U: HIV medication taken by someone who is positive to prevent HIV being passed on.
- STIs: symptoms, testing and treatment.
- Drug and alcohol use.
- Talking to partners about the type of sex you want and how to assert your boundaries.
- Navigating hook-up apps.
HIV awareness and confidence training for professionals
Our free HIV awareness and confidence training is aimed at organisations in Hertfordshire and will give you the knowledge and skills to support people living with HIV and those most at risk of acquiring HIV.
The session will cover:
- HIV prevalence in the UK.
- Routes of transmission.
- How to reduce risk through prevention strategies such as PrEP, PEP, U=U, condoms and lube.
- Advances in HIV treatment.
- The importance of treatment adherence.
- How stigma and discrimination affect people living with HIV.
- How the law applies to a person living with HIV.
The session will be delivered through Zoom and is fully interactive with polls, breakout rooms for groups discussions, interactive whiteboards, and chat rooms to empower you to take part.
Email [email protected] or call us on 01920 484 784 if you’d like us to arrange a dedicated training session for your staff, volunteers and sessional workers.