15 New Bedford Road
We provide a range of HIV and sexual health services to those who live in the Luton area.
We also offer, health and wellbeing support to the LGBTQ community.
Support for people living with HIV
We offer the following support services:
- Advice on telling people about your HIV status.
- Information for newly diagnosed people.
- Access to a hardship fund.
- Support getting back to work.
- Finance and benefits advice.
HIV & Me
HIV & Me is a social group for people living with HIV in Luton. It's an opportunity to meet other people living with HIV, socialise, learn new skills and share ideas. Whether you’ve been living with HIV for 30 years or three weeks, this is your space.
For some people, living with HIV can possibly present new health and social challenges. This group is a safe space to share your experiences, ask for peer support and have fun together.
We meet on the fourth Tuesday of the month, 6pm to 7.30pm on Zoom, so you can meet everyone in the comfort of your own home.
Email [email protected] or call us on 01582 349 373 if you have any questions.
We offer rapid finger-prick tests for HIV, with results available in 20 minutes.
This service runs 6pm to 8pm on Tuesday evenings at our office on Manor Road. These tests are available via booked appointment only. Please telephone 01582 349 373 to make an appointment.
We can also test through the week, 9am to 5pm, by appointment.
Sexual health information and advice
We supply a range of sexual health information and advice, including:
- PrEP: HIV prevention medication taken by someone who is HIV negative. We can cover how and where to access, dosing options and additional tests you might need to take.
- PEP: HIV prevention medication taken within 72 hours after someone has been exposed to HIV. We can cover how and where to access it.
- U=U: HIV medication taken by someone who is positive to prevent HIV being passed on.
- STIs: symptoms, testing and treatment.
- Drug and alcohol use.
- Talking to partners about the type of sex you want and how to assert your boundaries.
- Navigating hook-up apps.