The Bristol Ribbon Walk is a 10K walk through Bristol on Friday 16 September 2022, starting in Bristol's main LGBT+ area, and passing some of Bristol's best-known landmarks and our local service centres.
Join us to lace up and take action – the fantastic route starts at Castle Park, then passes the Floating Harbour, College Green and City Hall before finishing with celebrations at the Lord Mayor's Chapel, including:
- Terrence Higgins Trust Team meet and greet.
- Inspiring poetry and stories from people who have used our Bristol services.
- Information stands from local providers.
- Refreshments and more!
As part of our team you’ll get access to our online champions community, and fundraising support to help you smash your personal target, plus all finishers will receive an exclusive Terrence Higgins Trust Heart pin badge to celebrate your achievement and mark our 40th year of action against HIV. And, if you support us by fundraising, you can get a free Terrence Higgins Trust T-shirt.
Everything raised will be used for our local Bristol services, which provide advice and support through outreach services, HIV and STI testing, free condoms and awareness training.
The suggested fundraising goal of £100 will make a real difference to the lives of people living in Bristol who by providing more testing, more support to get tested, and better availability to get tested.
As a thank you for supporting us by fundraising, you'll get a Terrence Higgins Trust T-shirt to wear on the day.
£100 could fund any of the following for the Bristol area:
- 16 third generation point of care HIV tests. The sooner people know their status, the quicker they can get access to medication and support to live full and healthy lives.
- 350 free condoms and lube packs to give out in the community to empower people to have safe sex.
- One HIV awareness training session to healthcare professionals or other relevant organisations.
- Printing campaign materials to promote HIV testing in Bristol, South Gloucestershire and North Somerset in GP surgeries and community centres.
How to register
Registration is free for a limited time. Register today using the pink button above so you don't miss out!
If you fundraise for us, you'll receive your free Terrence Higgins Trust T-shirt on the day of the walk and ongoing support from our fundraising team.
All walkers must be at least 14 years old. Walkers under 18 are required to be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
The walk starts at Castle Park (Broad Weir, Bristol BS1 3XB), near the Vaulted Chambers Café. Please arrive from 11.30am for a 12pm start.