Here you can watch all our webinars full of advice about COVID-19 for people living with HIV during these uncertain and challenging times, talking about wellbeing, staying safe and more.
These webinars are hosted by Marc Thompson, co-founder of Prepster and Jim Fielder, Living Well Lead at Terrence Higgins Trust.
A list of useful links and resources from these session is available by emailing [email protected]
Physical and emotional wellbeing
Many of us may be feeling anxious, worried and less active during this time of lockdown. Here we provide advice, resources, tips and tools to support your physical and emotional wellbeing.
- Declan Duncan - Community Programmes Manager, YMCA Positive Health Scheme
- Maurits Kalff - Psychologist
- Andre Smith - Counselling Co-ordinator, Positive East
Originally broadcast Thursday 23 April 2020.
Please note the video didn't work fully during this session but the sound is clear.
We're all currently facing different pressures, some of which may result in higher levels of stress. We have seen an increase in reported domestic abuse and people may find themselves in situations that are unsafe. For people living with HIV this may increase due to HIV stigma and a range of other issues.
In this webinar we provide advice, resources, tips and tools to help you stay safe during the lockdown.
- Sophie Strachan, Director, Sophia Forum
- Carla Ecola, Project Director, The Outside Project
- Stephan Gampenrieder, THT Direct
Originally broadcast Thursday 30 April 2020.
Accessing services and COVID-19 update
Many of us are currently unable to access clinical and community services and may have concerns about getting medication, viral load and STI tests.
The lockdown has meant many of the community services where we get support have closed or moved online. Here we provide advice, resources, tips and tools to help you understand what services are available, how to access them and what you can do to support yourself and others.
We also give a general update on what we know about COVID-19 and HIV.
- Garry Brough – Peer Learning, Partnerships and Policy Lead, Positively UK
- Jose Mejia – HIV Peer Support Manager, METRO Charity
- Dr Michael Brady – Medical Director, Terrence Higgins Trust
Originally broadcast Thursday 7 May 2020.