As a Volunteer Ambassador, you'll support our work by fundraising with your friends, colleagues, family, local LGBT+ venues, networks and businesses.
This is a vital role as it helps us to reach new supporters and, if you're unable to fundraise, you can still help by giving us your time or inspiring others to support our work .
We'll provide you with ongoing support, including exciting and inspiring fundraising ideas and volunteering opportunities.
The type of fundraising activities you could be involved with:
- Fundraising once or twice a year with your friends, colleagues, family and online or offline communities/networks.
- Taking part, or recruiting a team, to take part in a running or walking event.
- Organising a fundraising event
- Holding a bucket collection at a local supermarket, theatre or train station.
The type of volunteering activities you could be involved with:
- Joining us at a Terrence Higgins Trust event such as The Auction at Christie’s.
- Managing a bucket collection with a small team of volunteers.
- Helping at a cheering station at an event such as the TCS London Marathon.
- Inspiring others like your local LGBT+ venue, networks and businesses to fundraise and support our work.
- Sharing details of our work on your social media.
- Introducing us to new supporters such as your employer or social group.
- Attending an event and giving a short thank you talk about our work or thanking our supporters face to face.
- Inspire others to take an HIV test as part of National Testing Week.
- Assisting us with researching potential new supporters and, with our support, approaching them to engage them with our work.
- Recognition of your fundraising achievements.
- Access to the Fundraising Ambassador Facebook group.
- Invites to team catch-ups on Zoom with guest speakers from Terrence Higgins Trust.
- Support and supervision from a dedicated Volunteer Manager.
- Updates on the work of the charity and the impact your fundraising is making.
- References given subject to Terrence Higgins Trust policy.
- Opportunity to develop and update skills and gain new experiences.
- Great experience for anyone hoping to start a career in the charity sector.
Commitment: Can be flexible around your personal, family and work commitments.
Location: Home or local community.
If you have any questions about becoming a Volunteer Ambassador, please email Martin Harris on [email protected] or call 020 7812 1887.
Be a Volunteer Fundraising Ambassador
Find out why Frankie became a Volunteer Ambassador
Frankie became a volunteer Terrence Higgins Trust Ambassador back in 2020 and has so far raised over £8,000 for our charity. Here’s why he got involved and what he’s worked on over the past two years.