Owing to the COVID-19 pandemic, we've adapted some of our volunteering roles and created some new ones so that they can be undertaken from home, online.
Volunteer Fundraising Ambassador
You'll support our work by fundraising with your friends, colleagues, family and community. This is a vital role as it helps us to reach new people, inspire new fundraising activity, and thank our supporters for the work they are doing.
We'll provide ongoing support, including exciting and inspiring fundraising ideas and all the gear you need to maximise your fundraising from t-shirts, posters, balloons and other branded materials.
The type of tasks and activities you could be involved with:
- Fundraising with your friends, colleagues, family and online or offline communities/networks.
- Inspiring others to fundraise and support our work.
- To act as an ambassador for the charity and champion the work that we do everyday to end HIV transmissions by 2030.
Commitment: Can be flexible around your personal, family and work commitments.
Positive Voices Volunteer
Volunteers in our Positive Voices project deliver informative talks and sessions in education, corporate, public sector and other organisations about their personal experiences of living with HIV. The aim is to provide a personal perspective on what it is like to live with HIV while also encouraging better understanding of HIV, dispelling myths and reinforcing HIV prevention messages.
Positive Voices volunteers also use their skills, knowledge and experience to work with us to plan, design and evaluate projects and services.
Owing to the COVID-19 pandemic, Positive Voices talks are currently being delivered online. All speakers receive volunteer training, storytelling and public speaking training, and additional training to support them to feel comfortable delivering talks online.
Required skills and experience
- Ability to communicate messages effectively to people from a variety of different backgrounds.
- Good presentation skills.
- Good communication and active listening skills.
- Good working knowledge of HIV and sexual health issues.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Commitment to representing us in a positive and constructive way.
Commitment: Ideally we ask volunteers commit to a minimum of 12 months after completing training, however we can be flexible with this and welcome discussions around availability and commitment.
In the past we've offered roles that included:
- Online Volunteer Engagement Facilitator
- Online Volunteer Engagement Officer
- Online Volunteer Work Positive Mentor
- Volunteer Counsellor
- Volunteer MyHIV Peer Mentor
- Volunteer Peer Mentor
We'll update this page regularly with new opportunities.