Thank you so much for taking the time to have a look at our volunteering opportunities.
Owing to the COVID-19 outbreak, our teams are operating remotely. Because most of our usual volunteer roles are face-to-face, we have had to pause recruitment for those roles.
However, we've adapted some of them into exciting virtual roles, listed below, that can be carried out no matter where you live.
To apply to any of these virtual roles, please contact [email protected] for an application form and role description.
Virtual Volunteer Fundraising Ambassador
You'll support our work by fundraising with your friends, colleagues, family and community. This is a vital role as it helps us to reach new people, inspire new fundraising activity, and thank our supporters for the work they are doing.
We'll provide ongoing support, including exciting and inspiring fundraising ideas and all the gear you need to maximise your fundraising from t-shirts, posters, balloons and other branded materials.
The type of tasks / activities you could be involved with:
- Fundraising with your friends, colleagues, family and online or offline communities/networks.
- Inspiring others to fundraise and support our work.
- To act as an ambassador for the charity and champion the work that we do everyday to end HIV transmissions by 2030.
Commitment: Can be flexible around your personal, family and work commitments. We ask that all Volunteer Fundraising Ambassadors aim to raise a minimum of £500 in their first year in the role.
Although recruitment for the below roles has been paused for now, we hold waiting lists for people who'd like to be contacted once we start up recruitment again. Please email [email protected] , detailing which role(s) you are interested in.
Identity Support Volunteer (Luton)
We have recently launched a new Identity service which will provide health, wellbeing support and a safe space for the LGBTQ community.
As an Identity Support Volunteer you will help us with planning and attending events, facilitating LGBT awareness sessions, providing one-to-one support to the LGBT community and other tasks and activities relevant to the role.
Required skills and experience
- Ability to engage effectively with the LGBT community and young people
- Excellent communication and active listening skills
- Confident and comfortable talking about a wide range of issues that affect the community
- An enthusiasm for engaging with the public via outreach work
Commitment: At least one day a week or more, including evenings and occasional weekends.
Location: Luton (LU1 – LU4)
HIV Prevention Volunteer (Thurrock)
The Health Promotion team are looking for volunteers to support the Thurrock HIV prevention team. The volunteers will help the team to engage with individuals and communities in Thurrock, and promote the importance of HIV testing and safer sex.
Required skills and experience:
- Ability to engage effectively with BAME people or men who have sex with men.
- Excellent communication and active listening skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- A basic understanding of the issues relating to HIV and AIDS, or willingness to learn.
Commitment: Ad hoc shifts with evening and weekend availability sometimes needed. Minimum commitment of 3 months.
Location: Thurrock (with the possibility of shifts in Essex and Southend).