We're always looking for new volunteers to help support the work that we do.
In Scotland, we have offices located in Aberdeen, Glasgow, Tayside, Dumfries and Ayrshire.
If you are interesting in finding out more, we would welcome you to apply to volunteer and we will be in touch to confirm what volunteering opportunities we have available.
Online Work Positive Mentor
Work Positive Online is a personal development programme aiming to provide people living with HIV who are unemployed with online learning modules, online peer support, online mentoring and support to access local training and volunteer opportunities.
The Online Employment Mentor is an integral part of the support structure for each individual, providing space online for the participant to ask questions, set employment goals and plan how to achieve them.
Required skills and experience
- Excellent communication and active listening skills in a virtual environment.
- Confident with IT, Microsoft Office, Skype/ZOOM, web browsing.
- Experience in employment support, Information, Advice and Guidance and/or teaching adults .
- Ability to give and receive support and feedback and be able to demonstrate an understanding of the importance of commitment and reliability.
- Access to computer and reliable internet connection.
Commitment: The Mentor will meet online with their mentee once a week for approximately half an hour to one-and-a-half hours.
Location: UK wide, volunteering from home.