Take on the Ribbon Run with us this World AIDS Day!
Set yourself a running challenge ahead of Tuesday 1 December and raise vital funds to support people living with HIV.
Run a daily challenge, set yourself a distance you want to reach or do it all in one go on the day, it’s up to you.
How it works
- Let us know you’re taking on the Ribbon Run – we'll get in touch with everything you need.
- Set up your JustGiving online fundraising page and set your target – we suggest £200 (or more!). When you reach this we’ll send you a Terrence Higgins Trust running vest.
- Take on your challenge! Wear your red ribbon on your runs, run a ribbon-shaped route or take to the streets in fancy dress. We can also send you out a personalised Text-to-Donate code to add to your running outfit to get those donations rolling in while you’re pounding the pavements.
- Let your friends, family and colleagues know you’re taking part and ask them to sponsor you, or even better ask if they want to join you.
We’d love to see pictures of you on the day so please tag @THTorguk on Twitter and Instagram and use the hashtag #RibbonRun.
Where your money goes
All funds raised from your Ribbon Run will support our work. Your donations could help us to:
- Provide sexual health and HIV education in schools, higher education and businesses.
- Campaign to make positive social and political change.
- Deliver vital sexual health services including HIV testing.
- Deliver support services through our THT Direct helpline, our peer support forum, and online counselling sessions.
- Run programmes for people living with HIV, including Work Positive and Positive Voices.
If you have any questions, or have your own World AIDS Day fundraising ideas you want to talk through with us, please email [email protected] or call 020 7812 1736. We’d love to hear from you!