Theatres, actors and performers have been at the forefront in the fight against HIV and that remains the same today, raising vital money for charities and people affected by HIV.
This World AIDS Day we are looking to partner with theatres, production companies and performers across the country to support both the theatre industry and our work.
This year, we're highlighting the importance of HIV testing. Testing is key to ending HIV transmissions. Support from the theatre industry helps fund vital work to get more people testing through awareness and fundraising support to provide free HIV self-tests
Every month we run out much too early. This year, if we increase the number of free tests available, then we can help even more people quickly get onto life-saving treatment that prevents them from passing on the virus and enables them to get on with life.
If you're interested in supporting people living with HIV, we’d love to hear from you!
How we can support your production
- Promote your show to our thousands of supporters via our social media channels.
- Provide speakers for a post-show discussion panel (depending on availability).
- Provide a speech about our work for a cast member to read.
- Give you free T-shirts for theatre staff and red ribbons for your audiences.
- Offer content for show brochure to show your audience how their support makes a difference.
- Provide downloadable leaflet about our work to share with your audience.
- Offer a social media 'thank you' and announcement of the amount you have raised .
How you can support us
- Dedicate a percentage of ticket sales to us or ask customers if they'd like to add a donation to their ticket purchase.
- Create a fundraising page to share with your networks and contacts (we can do this for you).
- Hold a collection before or after the show – buckets or contactless pods provided.
- Provide a QR code or Text to Donate code to customers.
- Raise awareness of our work though sharing info at the show and via your social media.
- Introduce us to other theatres who may like to support our work.