When you support us, you show your support to every person living with HIV in the UK. Every penny you donate makes a difference to their lives, creates positive change to bring stigma to an end and take us one step closer to ending HIV transmissions. Thank you.
Right now the money you raise is more crucial than ever in the fight for the lives of people living with HIV in the UK. Our services have been a lifeline during the pandemic, and with your help we’ve been able to increase access to our THT Direct helpline, Hardship Fund and My Community Forum.
Below are some more examples of how your donations can help support us in our mission, and provide comfort and support for people living with and affected by HIV, particularly through these tough times. Together we can ensure that no one is left behind.
- £15 could cover the cost of one HIV self-test kit. The sooner people know their status, the quicker they can get access to medication and support to live full and healthy lives.
- £50 could pay for just over a month’s training for five THT Direct volunteers to provide emotional support and essential information about HIV and sexual health. THT Direct is an invaluable lifeline that helps nearly 20,000 vulnerable people each year.
- £150 could support the training and development of a Positive Voices speaker - a community project where people living with HIV share their personal stories to raise awareness and stop stigma.
- £500 could pay for 21 one-hour online counselling sessions to support people living with or affected by HIV.
- £1,000 could pay for just under a whole year’s costs to maintain the My Community Forum peer support network, which has been a safe space for sharing and asking questions for many people living with HIV during the coronavirus pandemic.