This past year has been hard for everyone. It’s been especially hard for those living with HIV. The uncertainty that we’ve all felt is magnified for people already facing the daily challenges of living with a long-term condition.
This is why we'd love you to join us this year by hosting your own fundraising walk to help support the vital work we do.
How far you want to walk and how much you want to raise is your choice. Walk a ribbon route over your neighbourhood or walk 20.30kms to help us end transmission of HIV in UK by 2030.
It doesn’t matter whether you walk around your local park, stroll along a canal or take a socially distanced hike up a hill, it's up to you!
You can do it by yourself, or as part of a virtual team with a friend or work colleague.
How to plan your walk
- Choose what type of walk you'd like to do
- Plan and promote your walk
- Get fundraising!
- Enjoy your walk on the day
- Pay in your money
Don't forget to tell us you're planning to raise money for us! Just fill in the form below to let us know about your walk and receive your free fundraising materials.
Don't leave your home unless necessary. Please plan the date of your walk for when it is safe to do so. Always ensure your walk and fundraising is carried out within the current Government COVID-19 guidelines.
Where your money goes
Every penny is important to us! Here's some of the ways we could use your money:
- £5 could pay for 20 packs of condoms for our outreach teams to give out, along with advice, support and education around HIV.
- £15 could cover the cost of an HIV self test kit. The sooner people know their status, the quicker they can get access to medication and support to live full and healthy lives.
- £150 could provide training and development for one new speaker for Positive Voices – a community project where people living with HIV share their stories to raise awareness and stop stigma.
- £500 could fund 50 calls to THT Direct, a valuable lifeline that helps nearly 20,000 vulnerable people each year.
- £5,000 could pay for 210 online counselling sessions to support people living with or affected by HIV.