We’ve compiled a list of organisations and online resources providing information and guidance for trans and non-binary people on a range of issues from health and wellbeing to legal rights and housing.
UK charities offering support, advice and information
- The Beaumont Society – help and support from the trans community.
- The Clare Project – Trans support and social group based in Brighton and Hove but open to anyone wishing to explore issues around gender identity.
- Gendered Intelligence – Trans-led charity that aims to improve the lives of trans and non-binary people in the UK, specialises in supporting young people.
- GIRES – Gender identity research & education.
- LGBT Foundation – National charity based in Manchester with trans services and resources.
- Mermaids – UK charity supporting trans and gender-diverse children, young people and their families.
- Mindline trans + – Emotional and mental health support helpline for anyone identifying as trans, non-binary, gender variant, and their families, friends, colleagues and carers. Their phone line is open Mondays and Fridays, 8pm to midnight. Ring 0300 330 5468.
- Stonewall – UK charity campaigning for LGBT equality.
- Switchboard – LGBT+ helpline.
- THT Direct – our phone and email service for questions about sexual health or living with HIV.
- Transbucket –Health care and surgery resource for the online trans community.
- WPATH – Non-profit organisation devoted to trans health.
Gender identity services
- Devon Partnership NHS Trust West of England Specialist Gender Dysphoria Clinic (The Laurels)
- Gender Identity Clinic (London)
- Indigo Gender Service (Manchester)
- Leeds Gender Identity Service
- Northamptonshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust Gender Identity Clinic
- Northern Region Gender Dysphoria Service (Newcastle)
- Nottingham Centre for Transgender Health
- Porterbrook Clinic (Sheffield Gender Identity Clinic)
- Trans Plus (Dean St., London)
Support for hate crime, domestic abuse or sexual violence
- GALOP – LGBT+ anti-violence charity supporting all LGBT+ people who've experienced hate crime, domestic abuse or sexual violence. Their helpline can be reached on 0800 999 5428.
Housing and support
- Stonewall Housing have an online referral service. Their advice line is open from 10am to 1pm, Monday to Friday, on 020 7359 5767.
- The Outside Project – LGBTQI+ community shelter and centre in London. Referrals are through Stonewall Housing. Also runs online socials and events in their virtual community space.
- Albert Kennedy Trust supports LGBTQ+ young people aged 16-25 in the UK who are experiencing homelessness or living in a hostile or abusive environment.
Fitness and sport
Trans Can Sport – fitness and sports group for trans and non-binary people providing in-person and online fitness activities.
Living with HIV
The i-base site has a useful Q and A page for trans people who are living with HIV.
We offer a range of online and offline services to support people living with HIV, whether you're newly diagnosed or have been living with HIV for decades.
Our My Community Forum is a free, safe online space for people living with HIV to meet others living with the virus.