We are proud to be members of the Patient Information Forum and to have been awarded the PIF TICK, the UK's only assessed quality mark for print and online health and care information.
Having the PIF TICK shows that our health information has been through a professional and robust production process based on best practice to ensure that our information meets the needs of its users.
Our information production processes ensure that health and care content is evidence-based and appropriate for the needs of our audiences.
Our information production process:
- A defined process including identifying the need for a product, checking stages, final sign-off, review, version control and archiving; staff are up to date in training and have relevant experience.
- Evidence used is relevant and from a recognised source; information is reviewed regularly.
- User involvement and testing ensures information is appropriate, takes into account what users’ needs are, and reflects those needs and the views of those using it.
- End product is peer reviewed and approved.
- Ongoing feedback is dealt with appropriately especially concerning errors, omissions or points for clarification.
If you have any questions or comments about the information on this website or would like information on the evidence used to produce it, please email [email protected].
The information included on this website was correct at the time of publication. We plan to review each page within three years of its publication.