Our personal development, work and skills programme is designed to support you if:
- You're unemployed and looking to prepare to apply for work, volunteering or further study.
- You'd like to build confidence through exploring your skills, strengths and opportunities.
- You're worried about your current job security and would like to discuss options.
- You'd like to explore a change in job or career after a period of self-reflection during lockdown.
We can support you to take positive steps back towards suitable and sustainable personal development goals in a safe, supportive environment and in a way that suits you.
If you're living in the UK, you'll be able to access the programme online through Moodle e-learning and Zoom group webinars, along with one-to-one mentoring and coaching.
What can I gain from the work and skills programme?
- Get support to reflect on your skills, strengths and experience to apply confidently for work.
- Learn about remote working and online recruitment.
- Develop and renew skills for today’s workplaces.
- Meet new people.
- Develop confidence and self-esteem.
- Overcome personal barriers to work.
- Get support to update your CV and search for work, volunteering opportunities or further study and training.
What does the work and skills programme offer?
- A calendar of interactive peer learning sessions on topics such as Building Confidence, Building Relationships, Managing Change and Setting Goals, led by experienced group facilitators and peer co-facilitators.
- Employment-readiness webinars such as CV writing, interview techniques.
- Self-direction online learning modules.
- Online personal and professional development mentoring.
- Online peer support and new supportive peer relationships.
- Support to access local volunteering opportunities.
- Support to access local training, education and community groups and activities.
How do I get involved?
If you’d like to register your interest for the programme or would like to find out more, please complete the short form at the bottom of the page. Our Employment Support Officer will get back to you.
You can also register for individual peer learning sessions – the registration details are below.
If you’re looking for group support with your wellbeing, go to our living well page for more information.
Peer learning sessions
We'll discuss a range of topics from dealing with redundancy or job loss, reflecting on strengths and skills, discussing potential opportunities, networking, how to write successful CVs and application forms and how to prepare for online interviews.
The sessions are available to anyone living with HIV who is looking for a safe peer-supported space to connect with others and learn about applying for work, setting professional goals and planning how to achieve them.
The sessions are interactive and include a mixture of information and small group discussions to share ideas and learning. You can sign up to all the sessions or join them individually as needed.
On the day, you can join the meeting via video or audio and will need either a phone, tablet or computer.
Our meetings use Zoom, video conferencing software that you can use to access online meetings for free.
The Work and Skills service, along with our Living Well service, will be running a series of kickstart the new year webinars covering motivation, confidence building, looking after your wellbeing, and moving beyond your comfort zone.
Register your interest
To register your interest in future sessions and be kept informed of news around our work and skills support, please complete the short form below.