Our fundraising guide is the best place to start if you’re thinking about doing some fundraising. We’ve got plenty of event ideas to help inspire you, fundraising top tips, information about where your vital money will go and much more!
By fundraising with us you can help end a global epidemic that has killed 38 million people. Together we can end new cases of HIV in the UK by 2030.
Get fundraising guide
How to kickstart your fundraising
Creating a JustGiving page is simple to set up, it keeps all your fundraising in one place and is easy to share with your friends and family. If you need any help creating your page, contact the team who will be happy to help. JustGiving also has some how-to pages to help get you started.
You can also use Facebook fundraising, another easy way to collect your donations and share the details about your fundraiser. We can even set you up with your own unique text-to-donate code – just ask one of the team.
To get in touch with us, email [email protected].
Get free fundraising materials
How your support helps
Here are some of the ways your donations support our work:
- £5 could pay for 200 packs of condoms that our outreach teams can provide to the public.
- £50 could pay for 10 days of face-to-face counselling for a newly diagnosed person. The stigma faced by people living with HIV can be suffocating and debilitating, but a counsellor can support them to see that they are not alone.
- £150 could provide support, training and development for a new speaker for Positive Voices, a project where people living with HIV share their personal stories and informative talks to schools, businesses and groups to raise awareness of HIV.
- £500 could pay for a year’s training for five THT Direct volunteers to provide emotional support and essential information about HIV and sexual health. THT Direct is a valuable lifeline that helps nearly 20,000 vulnerable people each year.
- £1,000 could pay for just under a whole year’s costs to maintain the My Community Forum peer support network, which has been a safe space for sharing and asking questions for many people living with HIV during the coronavirus pandemic.
We're constantly inspired by our incredible supporters and proud to have each and every one of you on Team Terry. Below are some of the amazing ways the team has supported us in the past:
- Aaron’s and Martin’s stories.
- Mat’s story – celebrating 10 years of Sex, Drugs and HIV.
- Charlie’s story – selling prints inspired by the film Pride.
- Ben’s story. – did he Shave It or Save it?
- Lovelies story – the George Michael fans who raise thousands to support people living with HIV
- Liz and Fran’s story – organisers of an annual Bowie memorabilia event.
- The team at the Independent Office for Police Conduct – rainbow dress-down day.