Set up fundraising online
Creating an online fundraising page is the easiest and most efficient way to fundraise and to get your donations to us.
One of the most popular sites is JustGiving.
Setting up a page is very simple so you’ll be up and running with your fundraising in no time. Once you’ve set up your page, share it on your social media and WhatsApp it to all your friends, family and colleagues.
Boost those online donations:
- Make it personal – be sure to add a profile picture and tell your friends and family why you’re taking part.
- Set yourself a target – pages with a target raise more money than those without, so dream big!
- Get sharing – post your link to social media encouraging friends and family to have a read and donate. Add the link to your email signature.
- Add updates – be sure to add posts to your page, updating your family and friends on how your training is going and any other fundraising activities you’re taking on.
Use Gift Aid
We love Gift Aid because for every £1 people sponsor you or donate to us, we can claim an extra 25p back from the government.
Although the extra money we receive isn't included in fundraising totals, every penny is used to help people affected by HIV.
So please encourage your family, friends and colleagues to boost all of their sponsorship money by ticking the box to add Gift Aid – they just have to be UK taxpayers.
Spread the word
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Tik Tok have revolutionised the way people fundraise and we’re big fans!
Remember – the people most likely to donate are your friends, so social media is a great place to start publicising what you’re doing. Tag us on your Twitter and Instagram posts using @THTorguk and @THTchampions and we’ll look out for them.
Use your employer's matched funding scheme
Some employers offer a matched funding scheme. This is where they either donate a fixed amount towards your target or match the amount you’ve raised. Ask your HR department and find out if this is something your employer does.
If you’ve asked your company about this and they’ve agreed to support you, please let us know. Simply email [email protected] and tell us:
- Name of your company
- Amount they’re donating
- How they’ll be paying – by BACS or via webiste, for example
- When they’ll be making the donation
We need this info to ensure your donation goes towards your fundraising total. If you have any questions at all about paying your money in, or about your fundraising, drop us an email at [email protected].
Raffles can be held as part of a larger event and are a great way to maximise the amount of money you can raise.
There are strict guidelines around raffles, so please check the Gambling Commission site for more information.