For the last 40 years, theatres, actors and performers have been at the forefront of the fight against HIV and that remains the same today, raising vital money for charities and people affected by HIV.
We're always looking to partner with theatres, production companies and performers across the country to support both the theatre industry and our work.
Over the past two years, we've raised over £50,000 from regional theatres and West End hit shows like Moulin Rouge, Cabaret and My Son’s A Queer.
If you're interested in supporting people living with HIV, we’d love to hear from you!
Fill in our theatre enquiry form to let us know you want to partner with us, or to ask us anything.
All money raised takes us closer to ending new cases of HIV in the UK by 2030.
How we can support your production
- Promote your show to our thousands of supporters via our social media channels.
- Provide a speech about our work for a cast member to read.
- Give you free T-shirts for theatre staff and red ribbons for your audiences.
- Offer content for show brochures to show your audience how their support makes a difference.
- Offer a social media 'thank you' and announcement of the amount you have raised.
- Provide you with various donation methods for your audience e.g. QR or Text-to-Donate codes
How you can support us
- Dedicate a percentage of ticket sales to us or ask customers if they'd like to add a donation to their ticket purchase.
- Create a fundraising page to share with your networks and contacts (we can do this for you).
- Hold a collection before or after the show – buckets or contactless pods provided.
- Share our donation QR or Text-to-Donate codes with your audiences.
- Raise awareness of our work though sharing info at the show and via your social media.
- Introduce us to other theatres who may like to support our work.
We were thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Rob Madge (above) and their incredible West End hit show My Son’s A Queer earlier this year.
'It was a pleasure to work with the team at Terrence Higgins Trust and raise over £10,000 for the charity at the My Son’s A Queer shows,' said Rob.
'The charity managed all the bucket collections with the support of the Front of House team at The Ambassadors theatre. At each collection I was honoured to give a short curtain call speech about the charity’s amazing work and the audiences were incredibly generous.
'I would encourage other theatres and shows, anywhere in the UK, to get involved and help the charity with their mission to end new cases of HIV in the UK by 2030.'
Our existing and past partners
We’ve already partnered with:
- Taboo – The London Palladium
- The Normal Heart – National Theatre, London
- My Night with Reg – The Turbine Theatre, London
- First Time by Nathanial Hall – various tour locations
- RENT – Shaw Theatre, London