Many of our services offer free counselling or other emotional support services, particularly aimed at people living with HIV. Please refer to specific services for full details.
Our free online counselling service is available for anyone in the UK living with HIV.
The exact groups we run, their size and how they're organised varies between services. Some run monthly while others are organised when there is demand.
Example groups offered by some of our services include:
- 'What Next?' for people diagnosed with HIV in the last two years.
- Over-50s groups for older people living with HIV.
- Addictions based support groups for gay, bi and trans men and other men who have sex with men.
- Maisha Mema Afro/Caribbean emotional support groups for people living with or affected by HIV.
- Workshops for partners, friends and family of people living with HIV.
Groups generally meet in person although our Groupwork London service also runs online group support via video chat, for example for people recently diagnosed with HIV.
There is also online peer support available from other people living with HIV via our myHIV forum.