Now is the time you can help end a global epidemic that has killed 38 million people.
It’s possible to be living with HIV and not know it. We urgently need your help to find and test everyone living with HIV in the UK. People with HIV who are on treatment can’t pass it on.
The UK can be the first country in the world to end new cases of HIV and your fundraising is vital in helping us to achieve this.
Together we can do this by 2030 and show the world what is possible.
Take a look at some fundraising ideas below for how you can get involved by yourself, with your friends, family or colleagues – then let us know your plans. If you have any questions or want to chat through your ideas, then send over an email to [email protected] and we’ll be here to help.
Fundraise by going solo
- Get creative and take on your own 20.30 challenge. Whether you walk, run, swim or cycle, challenge yourself to complete 20.30 in miles or kilometres.
- Or pick a 20-minute fundraising challenge and complete it every day for 30 days.
- If you fancy a makeover, grab your clippers and take on our Big Shave Off. You can even raise the stakes by hosting a 'shave it or save it' challenge. Will your friends and family donate more for you to shave or save?
- Whether it’s an HIV milestone, a life celebration, or a big birthday, ask for donations from your friends and family. You could set up a Facebook Fundraiser or ask for donations in lieu of presents.
- Get your sweat on and take part in one of our challenge events – there is an event for everyone.
Fundraise with friends, family or colleagues
- Challenge your organisation and set a fundraising target of £2,030 for the year ahead. You could hold a raffle, bake sale, coffee morning or dress down day.
- Get everyone together for a special event. It could be a disco, film screening, fashion show, talent competition or concert.
- Host a creative craft session, such as painting, drawing, or sewing. You might be surprised who has a hidden talent.
- If you're planning your wedding or civil partnership, you can order our wedding favours or create a celebration fund instead of receiving gifts.
- Organise your own Ribbon Walk. Pick a date, distance (you could make it 20.30km!) and start fundraising – it’s that easy! You could walk around your local park, stroll along a canal or take a hike up a hill, it’s up to you.
Other ways to get involved
You can join us as a Volunteer Ambassador and support our work by fundraising with your friends, colleagues, family, local LGBT+ venues, networks and businesses.
Boutique, our wonderful and unique charity shop at 19 Churton Street in Pimlico, has been raising money for our cause for two decades. Please drop off your quality preloved items or those unwanted gifts.