Unity Sexual Health, Bristol
We provide health promotion in the community at health centres, community events, universities, bars, clubs and public sex environments. We also provide health and wellbeing support.
Please email us for more information or find us on social media:
We also offer free condoms by post in conjunction with Unity Sexual Health for people who live in Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire.
HIV and STI testing
We offer information about sexual health.
We also offer finger-prick HIV and syphilis testing for men who have sex with men, Black African communities, those living in deprived areas, sex workers and LGBTQ+.
We offer testing at a range of venues, including health care centres, clubs and universities.
Up-to-date information about where we're testing is available on our social media accounts or you can contacts us directly using the details on this page.
You can also request a free testing kit if you are 16 years old or over and live in Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire.
Health and wellbeing support
We're committed to supporting those living with HIV and those affected by HIV such as partners and friends. Our dedicated health and wellbeing support number is 0117 955 10000.
Our Senior Wellbeing Specialist delivers:
- One-to-one emotional support for people living with HIV, support can include can include supporting clinic attendance and adherence to medication.
- A therapeutic group with a health and wellbeing focus for individuals living with HIV across Bristol and South Gloucestershire. This includes a women’s group and the All-In groups which are run in partnership with Brigstowe.
- Support groups are for people who have been living with HIV long term and those newly diagnosed with HIV
We work with a number of volunteers who support service users in groups as well as on a one-to-one basis. Some volunteers have lived experience and others do not.
The women’s group has been running for over 35 years and has continued to be a very positive, well-attended and supportive place for women.
'The women’s group is so important to me, it’s a safe and confidential space for us to share our thoughts where we can laugh and cry. Above all we are there for each other' - service user.
Champions of Change
We know that community-powered approaches have the best chance of creating meaningful change by centring the people who we support and engaging them in the design and delivery of our services. These are our Champions of Change.
- Free training to staff in organisations who work with and for racially minoritised communities in Bristol around understanding and supporting sexual health needs.
- Free training for members of racially minoritised communities to become community Champions to promote good sexual health and HIV awareness within their communities, with ongoing support to devise and deliver their own outreach.
Community events and outreach
We conduct venue, online and community outreach providing sexual health information and resources to the local community. Please contact us if you would like us to attend an event you're organising.
We're grateful to all the volunteers who support our service. To volunteer with us please email us for more information.
We provide awareness training to develop a broad understanding of HIV and how stigma affects the lives of those living with the virus. We also offer sexual health training on the subjects of working with LGBTQ+ and BME communities.
We also offer bespoke training on HIV, STI, LGBTQ+ and trans, chemsex, sexual consent and working with vulnerable groups. Please contact us for more information.
Unity is a partnership of seven organisations working together to improve sexual health outcomes and wellbeing throughout life for the people of Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire.