If you're unemployed and living with HIV, the Work Positive programme can help you to take positive steps back towards suitable and sustainable employment in a safe, supportive environment and in a way that suits you.
The programme can also assist if you're currently in work. It can support you to progress your career, explore new career options or change jobs through professional mentoring and development.
If you're living in the UK, you'll be able to access the programme online through Moodle e-learning and Zoom group webinars, along with one-to-one mentoring and coaching.
Please continue reading to find out more, and how you can register your interest for our next programme.
Work Positive is funded by Barclays Spectrum.
What will I gain from Work Positive?
- Develop and renew skills for today’s workplaces.
- Get support to reflect on your skills, strengths and experience to apply confidently for work.
- Learn about remote working and online recruitment.
- Meet new people.
- Develop confidence and self-esteem.
- Overcome personal barriers to work.
- Get support to update your CV and search for work, volunteering opportunities or further study and training.
What does the Work Positive programme offer?
- A calendar of interactive peer learning sessions on topics such as Building Confidence, Building Relationships, Managing Change and Setting Goals.
- Employment-readiness webinars, e.g. CV Writing, Interview Techniques.
- Self-direction online learning modules.
- Online personal and professional development mentoring.
- Online peer support and new supportive peer relationships.
- Support to access local volunteering opportunities.
- Support to access local training, education and community groups and activities.
How do I get involved?
If you’d like to register your interest for the next programme, please complete the short form at the bottom of the page, and one of our Personal Development Advisers will get back to you.